High-resolution Nissl-stained coronal atlas images (S1-S24) presented as supplementary material for the article:
The telencephalon of the Göttingen minipig, cytoarchitecture and cortical surface anatomy
The telencephalon of the Göttingen minipig, cytoarchitecture and cortical surface anatomy, Brain Struct Funct (2017) 222: 2093
Carsten R. Bjarkam1,2, Andreas N. Glud3, Dariusz Orlowski3, Jens Christian H. Sørensen3, Nicola Palomero-Gallagher4,5.
- Department of Neurosurgery, Aalborg University Hospital, Denmark.
- Institute of Clinical Medicine, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- Center for Experimental Neuroscience (Cense), Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine (INM-1), Research Centre Julich, 52425 Julich, Germany.
- Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen, Germany.
How to cite:
Please cite the web page as follow:
Carsten R. Bjarkam, Andreas N. Glud, Dariusz Orlowski, Jens Christian H. Sørensen, Nicola Palomero-Gallagher (2016).
High-resolution atlas images (S1-S24) presented as supplementary material for the article:
"The telencephalon of the Göttingen minipig, cytoarchitecture and cortical surface anatomy". Retrieved from http://www.cense.dk/minipig_atlas/
Article should be cited as follow:
Bjarkam, C.R., Glud, A.N., Orlowski, D. et al. Brain Struct Funct (2017) 222: 2093. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00429-016-1327-5
Additional information about the Göttingen minipig brain anatomy:
- The substantia nigra pars compacta of the Göttingen minipig: an anatomical and stereological study.Brain Struct Funct.
2009 Sep;213(4-5):481-8 PubMed
- The anatomy of the porcine subthalamic nucleus evaluated with immunohistochemistry and design-based stereology.
Anat Embryol (Berl). 2004 Jun;208(3):239-47 PubMed
- The anatomy of the Göttingen minipig hypothalamus. J Chem Neuroanat. 2010 May;39(3):151-65.
- The Retrograde Connections and Anatomical Segregation of the Göttingen Minipig Nucleus Accumbens.
Front Neuroanat. 2016 Dec 5;10:117 PubMed
- Exposure of the Pig CNS for Histological Analysis: A Manual for Decapitation, Skull Opening, and Brain Removal.
J Vis Exp. 2017 Apr 13;(122) PubMed
Please note that MRI images presented together with histology were obtained using different Göttingen minipig brains.
Although the animals were of similar age and MRI imaging plane was chosen to resemble histological sectioning plane,
small differences between the histological section and MRI image may be present.
The histological material presented on this webpage is protected by copyright (Carsten Reidies Bjarkam), scientific use given proper citation is allowed.
The MRI images are protected by copyright (CENSE group), scientific use given proper citation is allowed.
To enlarge images A Jquery Image Zoom Plugin was used on the page (available under MIT and GPL Licenses)
Comments to author/webmaster: